Job Title: Service Manager – IT Managed Services
Location: Toronto, Ontario CA
Job Type: Permanent/Full-Time + Benefits
As Service Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of the Service Desk, to include oversight and high-level technical assistance and oversight to the Service Desk team whilst ensuring all client support standards are met.
- Manage the service desk team’s daily activities, workload and ticket queue
- Function as single point of contact for root cause and resolution for escalated issues
- Manage the dispatch process of service requests
- Manage projects and migrations for customers
- Manage Delivery lifecycle
- Assess Support resources and increase productivity of the team.
- Communicate with all parties in a constructive manner to ensure client satisfaction
- Maintain awareness of all outstanding customer pre- and post-delivery issues and update status to clients as required.
- Perform customer follow-ups.
- Interface with appropriate parties for client issues that cannot be resolved.
- Provide reporting and metrics for Service Desk, Projects, Initiatives, etc.
- Manage the development of the team by fostering technical and professional growth
- Drive problem root cause analysis and resolve as required.
- Ensures all risks are identified, communicated and mitigated.
- Design and maintain Documentation for the service desk team.
- Managing the change and implementation process.
- Manage RMM (Remote Monitoring Management) tools
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify areas for improvement
- Continually seek to increase client satisfaction and relationship building.
- Ensure consistency of all systems through creation, maintenance and enforcement of standards/procedures.
- Communicate escalated issues to clientele– keep them informed, notifying pending changes, outages, projects etc.
- Maintain specific knowledge of the customer and how our service relates to their business strategy and goals.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs.
- Involvement in architecture and deployment of solutions.
- Conduct performance evaluations with the Service Desk team.
- Develop training and improvement programs.
- Facilitate Service Desk Meetings along with Service Reviews.
- Document internal processes and procedures.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
- Review and approve the service desk team’s time and expense sheets in ConnectWise.
- Enter all work as activities, service tickets, or project tickets in ConnectWise.
- Remain up-to-date with current and future trends emerging in the industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, ConnectWise CCPA, LabTech LTCP, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP.
- Clear communication
- Strong technical skills within Windows Server, O365, SharePoint, Exchange, OneDrive, etc.
- Business awareness – taking a consultative approach
- Cross-functional management methods and techniques.
- Industry applications, processes, software, and equipment (ideally Law)
- Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills.
- Strategic Planning
- People Leader
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
- Ability to multi-task / adapt quickly.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
- BA/BS, preferably in computer science, business administration or a related field.
- MBA/MS preferred but not required.
- 5+ years of IT or related experience.
- 2+ years of management experience.
To apply for this job email your details to Dimitri.Alexander@benjamindouglas.com