Job title: Construction Estimator (Must be willing to relocate to Florida Keys)
Location: Key West Florida
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Construction Estimator with a focus on heavy civil construction.
- Ability to manage bid process and put together bid packages
- Fully understand construction documents
- The ability to perform detailed takeoffs
- Perform detailed estimates
- Work with subcontractors to define the scope of work
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering information and requirements; setting priorities.
- Prepares construction budget by studying home plans; updating specifications; identifying and projecting costs for each elevation.
- Evaluates offers to purchase by costing changes, additions, and site requirements.
- Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
- Maintains cost keys and price masters by updating information.
- Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
To apply for this job email your details to Doug.Viney@benjamindouglas.com