Title: IT Administrator – Security / Networks
Location: Salinas, CA
Job Type: 6-month contract
Pay Rate: $40-70/hr
The candidate will share responsibility for the operational support our network and telecommunications infrastructure – Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs) including both wired and wireless, intranets and interfaces to the web. You must possess the proper skills to ensure that all aspects of the Stonehenge corporate network are functioning properly. You will need to possess and display the proper demeanor in any situation and be able to properly communicate with, the IT Team, and all other associates and vendors involved with an IT issue or initiative. The security aspect of the job will require the implementation and maintenance of proper access control policies, including issuing credentials (ids), enforcing password policies and resetting passwords. Monitoring performance and identifying opportunities for optimization of the network will also be required.
· Ability to timely and effectively communicate with all parties involved on any IT initiative or issue.
· Build/set up computer networks by physically installing, connecting and configuring equipment.
· Install and configure network software, including security software and protections.
· Set up access permissions and issue ids, configure firewalls and reset passwords.
· Assist in selecting and purchasing new equipment and software.
· Manage IT assets – license maintenance; support contract maintenance; etc.
· Maintain network and communication hardware and software inventories
· Comply with all accepted change control procedures.
· Participate in troubleshooting network outages or performance issues.
· Support telecom equipment and other connected devices.
· Schedule the installation of firmware patches and updates to all network devices and software.
· Perform network security measures and monitor for threats.
· Manage file servers and scheduled back-ups.
· Administer access rights and permissions as required by the business
· Accountable to Report to Management and complete tasks assigned in a timely & professional way
· Accountable to manage the day to day support requirements of the local business end users as necessary. This includes all hardware, software, networks
· Accountable to undertake other tasks within the IT department as and where necessary as instructed by his superiors
· Accountable to maintain IT asset inventory and track warranties, useful life and maintain spares and backup equipment at all times.
· Accountable to ensure the security of all equipment, and that all procedures being done on IT equipment are aligned with our policies and procedures.
· Assign network addresses and implement protocols.
· Working knowledge of Windows operating systems and it related software’s installation, implementation, and
· Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP and other networking concepts specific with Active Directory and group policy.
· Technical knowledge in networking concept, and its passive components.
· Knowledge of Installation, and managing endpoint security.
· Support and troubleshoot Cisco switches, Firewalls, and routers
· Linux support
· Minimum 5 years experience in the same field
· Associate Degree or equivalent experience with certifications in the related field.
· CCNA and/or CCNP
· Network + Security+
· Must willing to travel up to 25%
To apply for this job email your details to Dimitri.Alexander@benjamindouglas.com